Recipe by judih
My family were never big on eating spinach until I made this recipe. Now they always ask for more. This can also be served on crackers or french bread as an appetizer. Try it . . you'll like it.
Top Review by berry271
This is an excellent spinach casserole. However, I prepare it slightly differently. I would mix in the whole can of onion rings and make a cracker crumb topping. I melt 1/4 c. of butter and add 2/3 c. of crushed saltines, and sprinkle that over the top before baking.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 can durkee's French fried onion rings
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the spinach according to directions and drain well.
- Saute onion in margarine.
- Add the soup and cream cheese.
- Heat under low heat until the cheese is melted.
- Mix together with the spinach.
- Add 1/2 can of onion rings and mix well.
- Turn into greased casserole.
- Top with remainder of onion rings and bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.