Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
I found this recipe on the internet and I must say it is the best dip I have found so far. It purports to be the dip from the restaurant Houston's. I can't say for sure whether it is or isn't but can only say how good it is.
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen spinach, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup grated fresh pecorino romano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Squeeze all of the moisture out of the thawed spinach (I use a potato ricer- it does a great job) and set aside.
- In heavy saucepan over medium heat, saute garlic and onion in butter until soft, about 15 or 20 minutes.
- Add flour and cook for 3 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in cream and stock and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Once it starts boiling add lemon juice, hot sauce, salt, cayenne pepper and Romano Cheese, stirring until the cheese had melted.
- Remove from heat and add sour cream and then fold in spinach and artichoke hearts.
- Transfer to a baking dish and sprinkle cheddar on top.
- Bake until cheese has melted or if your baking dish is broiler proof broil until cheese had melted and is slightly browned on top.