Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
No more streaks and never buy expensive window cleaner again! This was raved and raved about on another message board where I found it. I had to try this to believe it - it is fabulous!
- Mix together cornstarch and water and pour into spray bottle.
- Spray on window and wipe excess off with a clean cloth.
- Use another dry cloth to buff window.
- Discard what you don't use- it tends to turn smelly.
- I would recommend making half a recipe if you don't have a lot of glass to clean.
- If you don't have a spray bottle, just pour some onto a cloth and apply to window.
- Wipe off with a dry cloth.
I tried this concoction months ago with great expectations.I have to say again, it is terrible.. I live in a bright southern exposure home, and the film it left is very visable.. I am having an awful time trying to remove it!!! I therefore wish I had never ever tried it.
This works VERY well, but takes a bit more effort than my regular store bought glass cleaner.
Like Cat^..^atude, I had to really work at removing the film left on the glass. I'm wondering if it's because my windows are composed of Low-E glass (argon gas sandwiched between two pieces of glass). I would suggest trying this on a small inconspicuous place to see how your windows react to the solution.