This is a variation of a chicken carbonara dish from Carrabbas. For the best flavor use freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add shallots and garlic and saute for about 5 minutes until starting to get soft.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to box directions.
- Add mushrooms, prosciutto and chicken. Cook for 5-10 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile whisk egg yolks together with the heavy whipping cream and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- During the last minute of the pasta cooking, add in the frozen peas.
- Remove the pasta from heat. Drain for about 5 seconds and put into warmed serving bowl.
- Pour prosciutto mixture into pasta and toss.
- Immediately pour egg mixture over hot pasta. The heat from the pasta will cook the eggs. Toss well to combine.
- Allow to sit for approximately 5 minutes before serving to thicken.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and serve.