- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked
- 2 shallots, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 6 ounces prosciutto
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 3⁄4 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add shallots and garlic and saute for about 5 minutes until starting to get soft.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to box directions.
- Add mushrooms, prosciutto and chicken. Cook for 5-10 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile whisk egg yolks together with the heavy whipping cream and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- During the last minute of the pasta cooking, add in the frozen peas.
- Remove the pasta from heat. Drain for about 5 seconds and put into warmed serving bowl.
- Pour prosciutto mixture into pasta and toss.
- Immediately pour egg mixture over hot pasta. The heat from the pasta will cook the eggs. Toss well to combine.
- Allow to sit for approximately 5 minutes before serving to thicken.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and serve.