This is my FAVORITE chocolate chip cookie recipe. I adapted it from the Original Toll House recipe. They don't stick around too long! The boys and hubby gobble them up!! The only thing I changed from the original was add 3tsp of vanilla instead of 1.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1PREHEAT oven to 375°F.
- 2COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- 3BEAT butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- 4ADD eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 5Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- 6STIR in morsels and nuts.
- 7NOTE: I like to refrigerate the dough for 15 mins or so, to get it cool. This helps get a chunky cookie instead of a flat one. I also cool my sheets down with cold water in between batches so they don't start to melt before they get into the oven.
- 8Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- 9BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 10*TIP: To keep cookies soft, store them in an airtight container with a piece of bread.
- 11PAN COOKIE VARIATION: Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Prepare dough as above. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen bars.
- 12SLICE AND BAKE COOKIE VARIATION:
- 13PREPARE dough as above. Divide in half; wrap in waxed paper. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Shape each half into 15-inch log; wrap in waxed paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.* Preheat oven to 375°F Cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
- 14* May be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 week or in freezer for up to 8 weeks.
- 15FOR HIGH ALTITUDE BAKING (5,200 feet): Increase flour to 2 1/2 cups. Add 2 teaspoons water with flour and reduce both granulated sugar and brown sugar to 2/3 cup each. Bake drop cookies for 8 to 10 minutes and pan cookie for 17 to 19 minutes.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome Soft Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1424 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.1
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 14.5 mg
- Sodium 105.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 1.3 g