Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a simple recipe with a nice little kick to them and ingredients that you usually have on hand. All the kids love these sandwiches. This is a recipe from Betty Crocker's cookbook.
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 78.07 ml celery, chopped
- 78.07 ml green pepper, chopped
- 78.07 ml catsup (I add more, about double it)
- 59.14 ml water
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml salt
- 0.59 ml red pepper sauce (or to liking, I add alot more)
- 6 hamburger buns, split and toasted (but I like to use hot dog buns, holds filling in better)
- Cook and stir ground beef and onion in a 10 inch skillet until beef is brown; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except buns. Cover and cook over low heat just until vegetables are tender. 10-15 minutes.
- Fill buns with beef mixture.
Diner -- you have achieved a Zaar world first. I was going to give this four stars because I needed to add a tablespoon of red pepper sauce to get the zing I wanted. But then our extremely fussy and 96-year-old Auntie Esther asked for seconds. AND THEN she asked to have the leftovers for tomorrow's lunch. She has lived with us for seven years and NEVER asked to have any leftovers. Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back, but consider this the highest compliment you will ever receive on Zaar. I bow before you. I'm gobsmacked. Thanks. Made for Zaar World Tour.
Very good and so easy too!
This is a great recipe of sloppy joes. It's not too sweet like others. I used red bell pepper. Thanks diner :) Made for Photo tag