Recipe by diner524
This is a simple recipe with a nice little kick to them and ingredients that you usually have on hand. All the kids love these sandwiches. This is a recipe from Betty Crocker's cookbook.
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
Diner -- you have achieved a Zaar world first. I was going to give this four stars because I needed to add a tablespoon of red pepper sauce to get the zing I wanted. But then our extremely fussy and 96-year-old Auntie Esther asked for seconds. AND THEN she asked to have the leftovers for tomorrow's lunch. She has lived with us for seven years and NEVER asked to have any leftovers. Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back, but consider this the highest compliment you will ever receive on Zaar. I bow before you. I'm gobsmacked. Thanks. Made for Zaar World Tour.
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 78.07 ml celery, chopped
- 78.07 ml green pepper, chopped
- 78.07 ml catsup (I add more, about double it)
- 59.14 ml water
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml salt
- 0.59 ml red pepper sauce (or to liking, I add alot more)
- 6 hamburger buns, split and toasted (but I like to use hot dog buns, holds filling in better)