1/9 Photos of Awesome Sloppy Joes
This is a simple recipe with a nice little kick to them and ingredients that you usually have on hand. All the kids love these sandwiches. This is a recipe from Betty Crocker's cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 78.07 ml celery, chopped
- 78.07 ml green pepper, chopped
- 78.07 ml catsup (I add more, about double it)
- 59.14 ml water
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml salt
- 0.59 ml red pepper sauce (or to liking, I add alot more)
- 6 hamburger buns, split and toasted (but I like to use hot dog buns, holds filling in better)
- 1Cook and stir ground beef and onion in a 10 inch skillet until beef is brown; drain.
- 2Stir in remaining ingredients except buns. Cover and cook over low heat just until vegetables are tender. 10-15 minutes.
- 3Fill buns with beef mixture.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome Sloppy Joes
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.5
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 827.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 18.6 g