Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Awesome salsa recipe - I have had friends and co-workers ask me to make this for them so I'm sharing my version of the "Wonderful Salsa" recipe – (modified from orig #9272). This is a medium hot salsa and yields approximately 5-6 quarts.
- 11 cups tomatoes, diced
- 2 1⁄2 cups vidalia onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet peppers, chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1⁄8 cup canning salt
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- Mix all together and bring to a slow boil for 10 minutes.
- Seal jars and cook in hot water bath for 10 minutes.
- Reprocess jars if not sealed after 12 hours.