Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
With savory seasonings and a kick of spice, melt in your mouth patties!
- 14 ounces canned pink salmon
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 small Spanish onion (diced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small green pepper (diced)
- 8 ounces sweet corn
- 1⁄2 cup instant mashed potatoes
- 5 ounces canola oil
- Place skillet on medium heat, add canola oil, and continue to heat.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, and seasons only, whisk until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Next, empty salmon into mixture (make sure to remove any bones), add diced onions, diced green pepper and corn and mix well until salmon absorbs all moisture.
- Sprinkle flour over mixture and blend well until soft paste forms.
- Mixture should allow for you to form patties that hold shape easily - add a little more flour if not.
- Pour dry instant potatoes mixture onto separate plate.
- Form medium patties (the size of breakfast sausages)and place into instant potato mix making sure to cover entire patty.
- Place patties in heated canola oil and fry to crisp golden brown on each side. (7-15 min).
- Serve with Tobasco, honey mustard, sweet & sour, wasabi, or horseradish sauce.
- Great for main course/dinner or football party! Better than burgers!