Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
I have made this twice now and it is to die for! It is the tastiest roast pork I have ever had. Serve with mashed potatoes and gravy for real comfort food. The cold leftovers are even great in a sandwich the next day.
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 lbs pork loin roast, rolled, tied
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over roast and rub mixture evenly over the top of the meat.
- Cover and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place pork in a pan and roast in oven until thermometer inserted in center of pork registers 160°F., about 1 hour 25 minutes.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing thin to serve.
This was excellent, great comfort food! I added the first 5 ingredients into a large freezer bag, shook it all up and marinated in that. I added a liberal dose of Montreal Seasoning as well to the mix. Next time I will add another clove of garlic, as we love it. Thanks for sharing Marie.