Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced red pepper
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- Heat oil in a skillet; sauté the onion, peppers, and potatoes over medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Combine broth and Worcestershire; pour over vegetables.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and cook until liquid is absorbed, about 3 minutes.
This was tasty and quick, as I cut up the potatoes into small cubes. (I actually overcooked it!) Hubby raved about it too! Only substitutions I made were to use homemade stock and added a dash of garlic powder right at the end.
I was looking for a quick potato dish for a late supper - this was great! I cut the unpeeled potatoes into 1" chunks and skipped the red and green peppers (DH doesn't care for them). So, they were done in 20 minutes flat. The size of the potato cube will determine your cooking time. The flavor was fab - never would have thought to put chicken broth and W. sauce on potatoes! Thanks, Mille!
This was a perfect dish. It was well worth the time to fix. I'll definately be using this recipe again. Thank you !