Recipe by Norelllaura1
I love almost and combination of bananas and berries. This can also be made with strawberries, blackberries or blueberries. This recipe makes 4 breads or a whole lotta muffins. This way I get to freeze a bunch and always have some on hand!
Top Review by syldev
excellent texture and taste. I followed the recipe exactly except I was low on sour cream and used half low fat yogurt - didn't seem to make a difference and it saves some calories.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups sour cream
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 bananas, very ripe and mashed
- 5 cups flour
- 2 pints fresh raspberries (or berry of choice, frozen can be substituted but drain well)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter, sugar, and eggs.
- Mix sour cream and baking soda together in a separate bowl and let stand until foamy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the above mixture and mix well.
- Fold in berries.
- Place into 4 greased and floured 9x5-inch baking pans and bake 50 minutes at 350 degrees or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.