Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love this cake because it is fun to put together. It is also not too sweet and everyone always ask for the recipe.
1 Large punch bowl or a large clear bowl
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix (option, can use angel food cake or pound cake)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 -3 bananas, sliced
- 2 (3 ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- Prepare yellow cake mix as directed on package. Bake on cookie sheet or jelly roll pan.
- Let cake cool. Tear into small pieces.
- Mix 2 packages vanilla pudding mix with 3 cups milk and 1 can sweeten condensed milk. Let this mixture set 30 minutes. Fold in 12 ounces Cool Whip.
- Put mixture in the refrigerator to set. Begin layering ingredients in punch bowl starting with cake, then strawberries, then pineapple, then bananas.
- Next pour some of the pudding mixture over layers.
- Next add a layer of Cool Whip over (using 16 ounce carton) the layers.
- Continue layering using the order just given until punch bowl is full. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
- This makes a very large cake and is best when prepared the day before serving.
- In a pinch, you can skip the last layer of Cool Whip and it is still wonderful.