I love this cake because it is fun to put together. It is also not too sweet and everyone always ask for the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
1 Large punch bowl or a large clear bowl
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix (option, can use angel food cake or pound cake)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 -3 bananas, sliced
- 2 (3 ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- 1Prepare yellow cake mix as directed on package. Bake on cookie sheet or jelly roll pan.
- 2Let cake cool. Tear into small pieces.
- 3Mix 2 packages vanilla pudding mix with 3 cups milk and 1 can sweeten condensed milk. Let this mixture set 30 minutes. Fold in 12 ounces Cool Whip.
- 4Put mixture in the refrigerator to set. Begin layering ingredients in punch bowl starting with cake, then strawberries, then pineapple, then bananas.
- 5Next pour some of the pudding mixture over layers.
- 6Next add a layer of Cool Whip over (using 16 ounce carton) the layers.
- 7Continue layering using the order just given until punch bowl is full. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
- 8This makes a very large cake and is best when prepared the day before serving.
- 9In a pinch, you can skip the last layer of Cool Whip and it is still wonderful.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome Punch Bowl Cake
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 526.0
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 16.5 mg
- Sodium 458.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 61.4 g
- Protein 6.5 g