Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a simple stew for those cold evenings
- 5 medium potatoes, cut into cubes
- 2 lbs cooked ham, cubed (I used sandwich sliced ham)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can mixed vegetables
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- Place all ingredients into crockpot, stir then cook on low for 8 hours, stirring occasionally.
My professional chef husband and my oh so picky son loved this recipe. I must admit, I tinkered with it a bit to adjust it to our tastes. I added herbed cream of chicken soup and cheese soup instead of cream of mushroom. I drained the mixed vegetables. I also added sliced button mushrooms and about 3/4 of a 32 oz box of chicken stock to make it the consistency my family prefers. Every thing else I added was in the original ingredients list. YUM! Thanks for the post!