Recipe by familyof7 #2
This is a great recipe I've learned from my mom and grandma and perfected with added seasonings. This recipe is set for a large family. Great for left overs or you can reduce it for your needs.
- 4 -5 lbs pork chops (8-10 chops) or 4 -5 lbs pork steak (8-10 chops)
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon meat tenderizer
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 2 (6 ounce) boxes pork stuffing mix (prepared)
- 1 cup vegetable oil (have extra on hand in case level becomes low so chops don't burn)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare your favorite recipe stuffing or boxed stuffing mix according to directions (adding 1/2 cup extra water) ahead of time. Beat eggs together in a wide bowl. Mix bread crumbs and all the seasonings together on a large plate. Heat oil in a large skillet on low-medium heat.
- Rinse pork chops and shake water off. Dip chop into the egg. Place chop onto the bread crumb mixture and pat both sides making sure that it is evenly coated. Place a single layer of chops into the heated oil. Cook on both sides until browned.
- Place a single layer of chops in a glass baking dish. Cover with the stuffing. Place another layer of chops on top of the stuffing. Cover dish tightly with foil. Bake in oven 350 degrees on center rack for 90 minutes. (If your oven seems to cook things quicker than directed, reduce heat to about 330 or 335).