2 hrs 15 mins
Ann Lesley's Note:
I have modified this recipe over the years and it turns out pretty awesome. My kids (who don't eat anything) love it. I sometimes add 2 tbsp. ground flax seed and that makes it even better. You can also use this recipe to make breadsticks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix yeast, warm water, honey and sugar in small bowl and set aside.
- 2Mix both flours, salt and spices (use a few shakes of whatever spices you like).
- 3Add olive oil to dry ingredients and then add the rest of the wet ingredients and mix together. Knead for several minutes until you have a ball.
- 4Spread a thin layer of honey over the dough and place in a bowl to rise.
- 5Let rise for about an hour (or less if you like, but I like it better when it has longer to rise).
- 6Roll out dough on floured surface and place on two greased pizza pans.
- 7Let rise again (about half hour, or until it's at your desired puffiness).
- 8Put on your favorite toppings and bake at 500 F for 10-15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome Pizza Crust
Serving Size: 1 (926 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1025.2
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1180.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 204.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.7 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 33.1 g