Recipe by Ann Lesley
I have modified this recipe over the years and it turns out pretty awesome. My kids (who don't eat anything) love it. I sometimes add 2 tbsp. ground flax seed and that makes it even better. You can also use this recipe to make breadsticks.
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon honey, plus extra for rising
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- italian seasoning
- granulated garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix yeast, warm water, honey and sugar in small bowl and set aside.
- Mix both flours, salt and spices (use a few shakes of whatever spices you like).
- Add olive oil to dry ingredients and then add the rest of the wet ingredients and mix together. Knead for several minutes until you have a ball.
- Spread a thin layer of honey over the dough and place in a bowl to rise.
- Let rise for about an hour (or less if you like, but I like it better when it has longer to rise).
- Roll out dough on floured surface and place on two greased pizza pans.
- Let rise again (about half hour, or until it's at your desired puffiness).
- Put on your favorite toppings and bake at 500 F for 10-15 minutes.