Recipe by Christine Bettiga
These beans are awesome! Great flavor with lots of juice for dipping your tortilla's in! I like to serve them in a bowl with fresh diced onion on top! Great with BBQ Ribs!
- 1 lb pinto beans
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 ounces salt pork, cubed
- 4 sliced bacon, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Season-All salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons spice essence
- 1 teaspoon tony chacheres seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Pickapeppa Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 8 ounces chicken broth
- 6 ounces beer
- 2 ounces white wine vinegar
- 2 ounces red wine vinegar
- 1 large jalapenos or 1 large serrano pepper, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a 12 quart kettle half full with hot water.
- Add 1 tbsp of Kosher Salt and beans.
- Soak for 1-2 hours.
- Do not throw out soaking water.
- Brings beans to a boil, turn heat to low and add chicken stock, salt pork, bacon.
- Add more water if necessary.
- Cook on low for 1/2 hour covered.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, cover and cook till beans are tender.
- Approximately 2-3 hours.
- If you like your beans a little spicer, add more red pepper flakes and serrano pepper.
- Stir the beans occasionally to keep them from sticking.