1/4 Photos of Awesome Pierogi Casserole
1 hr 30 mins
Full of flavor, this pierogi-layered casserole is nothing short of rich and hearty. It's a wonderful change from the usual humdrum casserole. Taken from allrecipes.com submitted by Seanna Chauvet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place the potatoes in a large pot with water to cover over high heat.
- 3Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender.
- 4Remove from heat, drain, then combine with milk and 6 tablespoons of butter, mash and set aside.
- 5Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- 6Saute the bacon, onions and garlic in the butter for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the bacon is fully cooked.
- 7Cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions and cool under running water.
- 8Place 1/2 of the mashed potatoes into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- 9Top this with 1/3 of the cheese, followed by a layer of lasgana noodles.
- 10Repeat this with the remaining potatoes, another 1/3 of the cheese and a layer of noodles.
- 11Then arrange the bacon, onion and garlic over the noodles, then another layer of noodles, and finally top all with the remaining cheese.
- 12Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 13Bake, uncovered at 350 for 30 to 45 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- 14Serve with sour cream and chopped fresh chives.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome Pierogi Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 849.3
- Calories from Fat 492
- Total Fat 54.7 g
- Saturated Fat 29.1 g
- Cholesterol 126.3 mg
- Sodium 702.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 24.8 g