Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a yummy side dish. The flavors work well together. It is good for a summer or winter meal! Add Feta for an added ZING! :0)
- 2 bunches of washed asparagus
- 3 tablespoons of commercial pesto sauce
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- garlic (to taste)
- grated parmesan cheese (to taste)
- grated romano cheese (to taste)
- Wash and cut asparagus to an appropriate size. Heat in a pot of water until they are an emerald green color. Do not wait until they turn olive green! We want to keep the vitamins in the vegetable! Layer asparagus in a casserole dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix the chopped tomatoes, garlic, pesto and olive oil together.
- Pour over asparagus and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered in oven for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.
this was awesome! I didn't have the r cheese, but had some moz. cheese and used that with the feta and parmesan. Just cut the recipe for me alone-my husband doesn't eat interesting. but I loved it.