Recipe by deb_andrew
This is an amazing entree that even kids will love to eat! It goes great with a nice salad and white rice. I am not sure how much this yields but will guess.
Top Review by jenniferled1970
This dish is actually called Lomo Saltado. It was my peruvian father in laws favorite when he was alive. When you say to serve it with white rice, it has to be peruvian rice. Americans usually think it is too much with the rice and potatoes but peruvians don't eat ANYTHING without rice. ;)
- 1 lb sirloin strip steak
- 2 large tomatoes, in strips
- 2 red onions
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (Chinese parsley)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oil
- 6 potatoes (peeled, cut, and fried into fries)
- salt and pepper (your taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the meat with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Heat half the oil in a pan and fry the meat until browned; remove from pan and keep warm.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining oil and fry the onion, tomato, and yellow pepper with a bit of salt, moving constantly.
- Add the vinegar and water.
- When the mixture settles, return the meat to the pan along with the cilantro. Let it all boil for 3 minutes.
- Add the French fries. Serve with white rice.