Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
My search is over!! I have found the best! I have baked many cookies similar and these have the best flavor and texture. They are so addictive. Keeps you going back for more. I use extra crunchy peanut butter.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
- Mix softened butter with sugars and peanut butter. Add egg and vanilla. Blend in dry ingredients.
- Form into large balls and press down onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 13 minutes.
- Note: If optional raisins are used, plump raisins by boiling in 1 cup water for 2 minutes.
These rock. The only change I make is margarine instead of butter. Next time I will do the spoon to mash them and add some strawberry jam. Who can say that peanut butter jelly oatmeal cookies sound bad?
Hands down my favorite cookie recipe ever. My family absolutely loved it, and it was gone within a day. Absolutely perfect! I used chocolate chips in the batter. SOOO good! Thank you!!!
this was a pretty good cookie. though my dough was so dry and i didnt even add all the oats and flour. i added chocolate to the mix for the last couple batches as to mix it up and it was a good mix. i only had old fashioned oats so i dont know if that made a difference. they had a pretty good flavor too.