Recipe by Seasoned Cook
My search is over!! I have found the best! I have baked many cookies similar and these have the best flavor and texture. They are so addictive. Keeps you going back for more. I use extra crunchy peanut butter.
Top Review by Tugar357
These rock. The only change I make is margarine instead of butter. Next time I will do the spoon to mash them and add some strawberry jam. Who can say that peanut butter jelly oatmeal cookies sound bad?
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix softened butter with sugars and peanut butter. Add egg and vanilla. Blend in dry ingredients.
- Form into large balls and press down onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 13 minutes.
- Note: If optional raisins are used, plump raisins by boiling in 1 cup water for 2 minutes.