Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Add in some tiny chocolate chips and/or chopped peanuts if desired, this recipe makes a lot of cookies but the dough can be shaped into small balls and then frozen to use later.
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco shortening (butter flavor or plain)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Set oven to 350°.
- In a bowl, cream together the Crisco shortening, butter, peanut butter and sugars until well mixed and creamy.
- Add in the eggs; beat well.
- In a seperate bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into batter; mix well until well combine.
- Add in chocolate chips (or chopped peanuts) if using.
- Roll into 1-inch balls, and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Flatten each ball with a fork in a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies begin to brown (don't overbake!).
Oh my these are good. I used all margarine and did not press down with a fork. After 10 minutes in the oven these wonderful little gems were done to perfection. My family just loved these and since baking them less than 9 hours ago they are almost all done. A sure sign of a winner in my home. Thanks for the recipe.
This is now my NEW favorite peanut butter cookie recipe!! I have tried so many recipes in the past. I found one that I loved, but wanted to try something different. I'm so glad I did! This one is even better! Thank you for sharing!! :)
Awesome is right! Easy to make, great taste, look great and cooked perfectly in 10 minutes. Thanks for sharing. Made for Let's Party 2010.