Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This started out as an experiment and turned out to be an entire family favorite! The meat is so tender it falls apart and so flavorful! You couldn't ask for a better pasta sauce...easier than homemade!
- 1 (4 lb) chuck roast (bone-in or boneless)
- 2 jars pasta sauce (I use Sutter Home-yum)
- cooked egg noodles or cooked pasta
- Put chuck roast in crock pot, pour both jars of pasta sauce over meat and turn on low.
- Cook for minimum 8-10 hours.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles or pasta.
This was so good. I added some Italian seasoning, Yum.
Awesome is a very good word for this recipe. I shredded the meat afterwards, before serving over the noodles.
I wanted lots of sauce so in small crock pot I put 1 15 oz jar pasta sauce, and I cut meat to 1/2 lb chuck to which I added 1 tsp. beef boullion and 1 Tbs. dry onion soup mix.I shredded beef after 10 hours cooking time. Flavorful, thick, a nice alternative to ground beef in pasta. The more time went by the more I wanted to eat more