Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is so easy and so good. We eat this about twice a month! I found this recipe in a local book called Beginnings, A Collection of Appetizers Presented by the Junior League of Akron.
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- tortilla chips
- Combine the cheese, undrained tomatoes, undrained chiles, and Tabasco sauce in a microwave-safe dish or in a sauce pan.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes, stir, and microwave for 3-5 minutes until the cheese melts OR cook on medium heat on the stove until the cheese melts. Stir occassionally to distribute the heat.
- Spoon the dip into a serving bowl. Serve with Tortilla chips.
I made this for someone to take to an office party yesterday. I made it as directed, then told her to re heat it at work. She told me this dip was a hit at the party, there was actually none left over! I made this with pita chips for her to take along also.