Recipe by angielee23
This recipe is the very best chicken recipe I have tried. My picky eaters, hubby and son, LOVED it! It is easy to make and I'm sure this will become a regular in your household!
Top Review by Sauce Lover
We loved this but I did make some changes also. I used 2 chicken breasts, cut them into cubes, I doubled the flour/seasoning mixture. I used to eggs, coated the chicken pieces and then shook the chicken in a large zip lock bag with the flour seasoning mixture until they were really coated well. I then sauteed the chicken slowly in butter until cooked through and slightly crispy. In another skillet I sauteed the green onions with some minced garlic and some minced shallots. I then added the can of cream of chicken soup and I then whisked in the sour cream. I did add more cayenne to the flour seasoning mixture(forgot to say that earlier) and I added some sea salt and some cayenne to the soup/sour cream sauce as well. I kept the chicken separate from the sauce because I didn't want the crispiness of the chicken to get soft and sticky in the sauce. I made some linguine, put that on the plate first, topped the linguine with some chicken nuggets and then put the cream sauce on top of the chicken. Excellent!!
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour and seasonings.
- Coat chicken is whipped egg.
- Coat chicken in flour and seasonings.
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Add chicken and cook 12 minutes on each side turning only once.
- In separate pan add soup and onions simmer for 3 minutes or until hot.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Simmer for another 3 minutes on low heat.