I made this to cheer up my mom this afternoon and if I could do one thing, I'd post her smiling pic here for you :) This recipe(with a few more additions) was submitted by Kavita Bhalla in the local 'Thursday' magazine this week. I was dying to make it from the minute I set my eyes on it. It is AMAZING and I GUARANTEE you will love this one. Give it a try, you won't regret!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 medium tomatoes, chopped and made into paste
- 250 g panir, cut in cubes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ginger paste
- 1 1/4 tablespoons garlic paste
- 5 spring onions, white and greens,chopped into small pieces
- 4 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons cooking oil
- 2 1/4 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons panir, grated (for garnishing)
- 1Mix cornflour, salt, black pepper and hot sauce in a cup of water to prepare paste.
- 2Heat oil in a heavy non-stick skillet.
- 3Add ginger and garlic pastes and stir-fry for a minute or two, until the raw smell of the paste is gone.
- 4Add the spring onion and stir-fry for a minute.
- 5Add the tomato puree and cook for a minute.
- 6Add the cornflour-water paste, stirring as you add it in, and cook on low flame.
- 7Cover with a lid and allow to cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- 8Remove from flame and mix well (you will notice the paste has become thicker due to the presence of cornflour and of a beautiful brown colour has appeared).
- 9Add the paneer cubes and stir them in lightly, being careful not to break them.
- 10Garnish with 2 tsp grated panner.
- 11Serve hot with fried rice or plain rice for a beautiful lunch you will remember FOREVER!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome Paneer Chilli
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 90.0
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 955.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: