DoubleA's Mom's Note:
I got this recipe from my mother-in-law, who actually got it from my husband when he was in middle school. I believe it was from his home economics class :) They are incredibly delicious and not your ordinary oatmeal cookie. A must try!! Note: I don't like raisins, so I separate the dough and only add the 1/2 cup raisins to half of the dough, so if you want raisins in the entire recipe, then go ahead and use a full cup. Cook time does not include overnight chill time in refrigerator.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, sift flours, salt, and baking soda; stir to combine; Stir in oatmeal and walnuts. Set aside.
- 2With electric mixer, cream butter, shortening, sugar, brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat thoroughly.
- 3Add beaten butter mixture to flour/oatmeal mixture and stir well with a wooden spoon.
- 4If using raisins, remove desired amount of dough to a separate bowl and stir in raisins.
- 5Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch to 2 inch diameter logs ( 2 or 3 depending on length). Wrap each in plastic wrap or wax paper. Chill overnight.
- 6Slice 1/4 inch thick. Bake on ungreased cookie sheets at 350 for 12 to 14 minutes, or till golden.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1133.1
- Calories from Fat 461
- Total Fat 51.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.9 g
- Cholesterol 149.7 mg
- Sodium 769.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 157.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 92.2 g
- Protein 16.6 g