Recipe by Jessie_loves_desserts
These no bake cookies set very well, and are awsome way to make cookies without heating up the oven.
Top Review by ahddib
Good Cookies. I doubled the recipie (Who's seriously gonna make 36 only ;) and found that it turned up a little bit on the dry side. Next time I make these I'll likely use a tad bit more sugar and milk for the bigger batch. The difference was likely not noticible in the smaller batch so no stars taken off.
The chocolate balance is perfect.
As always I was generous with the peanut butter (1 1/3cups), but that would have made them more gooey instead of dry so I'm glad I did.
Set excellently. The only real problem I had was getting them out of the pot in time! Dropping 60 or so cookies within the timeframe that good nobake cookies allows is difficult by itself, now throw in my 5 year old over excited daughter!
Well, she doesn't think she was overexcited :)
Delicious and fun to make!
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 3 1⁄8 cups quick-cooking oats
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, cocoa, milk and margarine. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Let go on rolling boil for 3 minute, then remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, salt, peanut butter and oats.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto waxed paper. Allow cookies to cool for at least 1 hour. Store in an airtight container.