Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is one of my wife's specialties. With garlic bread, Caesar salad and a bottle of wine it makes a great meal. When we first living together, she would always make it as the beginnings of an evening of passion. It never missed, I always fell into her trap.... Still do (when the kids allow it)
- Cut steak into bite size pieces.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in heavy skillet.
- Add beef and brown.
- Sprinkle with flour and cook an additional minute.
- Add water, wine, soup mix and bouillon and stir.
- Transfer to casserole dish with lid and bake at 325°F for 3 hours.
- Ensure it does not go dry by adding wine or water.
- Fry mushrooms in pan with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Add mushrooms to mixture and return to oven for an hour.
- Cook noodles as directed.
- Remove mixture from oven and stir in sour cream.
- Serve over noodles.
It's not the recipe's fault it only got 3 stars...I tried this in the crockpot, and when all said and done it was too soupy yet. I guess it wasn't able to boil off like it would have in the oven. BUT the flavor was fantasic! And the recipe was so simple. I used left over pasta from the other night we had steak alfredo, that was a time saver and also cleaned out the leftovers in the frige.Thanks for the tasty recipe, next time i will try just 1 Cup water if i do it in a crockpot again. Thanks for posting. Have a great weekend.
A nice stroganoff but a little more work and time involved than I would like. But, the flavor was quite nice and the beef tender. My family said it was a nice meal that they would like again.
Very good, and simple stroganoff recipe. I used some overdue frozen steaks I had in the freezer for this recipe. The meat turned out moist in the center and tender. I substituted vinegar for the wine and I omitted the mushrooms (my husband doesn't like them). I didn't have to add any water during the 3 hour cook time. Three hours was perfect, as I had worried I was cooking it too long. I also used over spinach fettucine for the noodles. It was very flavorful and creamy!