1/6 Photos of Awesome Mini Spinach Quiche Bites
These are wonderful to serve as an appetizer and I have done so many times at my get togethers, everone loves these! to save even more time you can purchase the ready-made small tart shells and the recipe may be doubled if desired.
My Private Note
mini qu ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 frozen 9-inch pie shells (thawed)
- 3 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and well drained (use your hands to squeeze out any extra moisture)
- 1Set the oven to 375 degrees.
- 2On a lightly floured surface, with a 1-1/2-inch biscuit cutter, cut out 12 rounds from the thawed pie crust.
- 3Press each of the rounds into the bottom, and up the sides of ungreased mini muffin cups.
- 4Repeat with the second pie crust.
- 5In a skillet, cook the bacon until brown and very crisp; drain.
- 6Add in the onions to the same skillet with the bacon drippings, cook for 5 minutes, or until tender, stirring constantly; drain.
- 7Place the onions in a medium bowl.
- 8Crumble the bacon into small pieces, and add in with the cooked green onion.
- 9Add in the eggs to the bacon and onions; beat well.
- 10Stir in the cream, salt, nutmeg and the Parmesan cheese.
- 11Add in the squeezed spinach; mix well to combine.
- 12Divide the mixture evenly into crust-lined cups.
- 13Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
- 14Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 15Loosen quiches from pan with tip of knife.
- 16Serve warm or cool.
- 17Store in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome Mini Spinach Quiche Bites
Serving Size: 1 (946 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.9
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 19.2 mg
- Sodium 151.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 2.7 g