Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Growing up my husband and his siblings didn't like tomato sauce so my mother-in-law had to modify her meatloaf recipe to get them to eat it...it's actually pretty darn good!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 slices crumbled white bread
- 1⁄2 chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- Mix all ingredients together accept the cream of mushroom soup.
- Grease a meatloaf pan or casserole dish and spread the meatloaf mixture into the pan.
- Spread the undiluted cream of mushroom soup over the meatloaf mixture.
- Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours.
I followed this recipe to the "T", crushing croutons for bread crumbs. As other people mentioned it is a bit tender. Chilling it will give it a firmer texture. After all isn't MEATLOAF for sandwiches? (it was great hot too)..<br/>This is definitely a keeper. Thanks Carrie!
Same boat here, my son hated meat loaf until I made it this way! I prefer this recipe over my mom's ketchup based loag...... sorry Mom!
I loved this Meatloaf. It was so tender it just fell apart. Much better than I thought. Will make again.