Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This recipe was given to by my friend, after trying it at her house.....a different and delicious way to serve sweet potatoes.
Top Review by 4umeema
Can't believe I haven't left a review! This is a vinegary base, so if you don't like vinegar, it's probably not for you. Every time I take it to a gathering, I have at least 1 request for the recipe. Yummm! This makes a lot, so when I make it at home I just halve the recipe. I usually use red bell peppers, because that's what I have on hand. And I use 3 or 4 cloves of garlic.
- 8 medium sweet potatoes (about 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup tarragon vinegar or 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves fresh minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, cook sweet potatoes in boiling water, just until tender, about 20 mins (don't overcook, as they will get mushy); cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the next nine ingredients; set aside.
- Peel the potatoes, cut into small cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, onion and green pepper.
- Add dressing and toss gently to coat.
- Cover, and refrigerate for 3 or more hours to blend flavours.
- Discard bay leaves before serving.