Recipe by Emjay99
My son prefers these to any other brownie around! Please try these and see! Experiment with different flavoured chips (minis won't sink to the bottom!) also, see at the end of the recipe for a Skor bits substitute version.
Top Review by 1funmum
These brownies are absolutely delicious! I used regular sour cream and white chocolate chips since that is what I had. They are fudgey and cake like at the same time. Very chocolatey!
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 1 jar prune baby food (this will not affect flavour in any way - I promise!)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder (use a good quality!)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup frozen mini chocolate chip (pre-freezing allows them to melt more slowly)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray and flour the sides of an 8" x 8" square pan.
- Cream together the margarine, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add the egg and sour cream and blend well.
- Next, beat in the prunes.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Blend in well.
- Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- Do a toothpick test for doneness at around 20 minutes.
- Don't overbake!
- For Skor Bits (Almond Brickle) Brownies: Substitute 1/2 cup cocoa for 1/2 cup cake and pastry flour.
- Substitute 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips for 1/3 cup Skor bits.
- After removing from the oven, sprinkle with extra Skor bits.
- Cut when cool.