Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are so delish that you don't even know they are LC.
- 14 3⁄4 ounces salmon, drained
- 1⁄2 cup pork rind (finely ground)
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 large beaten eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Mix all ingredients and refrigerate for 1/2 hour -(optional, but they handle easier).
- Make into 4 patties and cook until browned on either side turning once.
- I make a double batch and freeze part of it in flattened patties in zipper bags, and just thaw in the microwave, then fry.
- Also good as a sauce on them: mix 1 part blue cheese dressing to 1 part horsy mustard, or Jack Daniels mustard, or some kind of flavored mustard -- it is yummy!
Now in regular rotation for my family, these are delicious and just as good as those made with bread crumbs. I've made them exactly as written, but the recipe easily accepts variations. I've made them with a variety of herbs in lieu of the parsley (such as dill or basil), dried onions and garlic powder when I don't have fresh, and barbecue pork rinds in place of plain. I also increase the lemon juice and add a couple tablespoons of ground flax. We like them with a simple onion-dill sauce made with sour cream.
This is probably the first time in my life I have followed a recipe to the T. Absolutely gorgeous looking and tasting. This beautiful brown crunch on the outside from frying them. And the rich salmon flavor with that pop of fresh lemon and some onion and garlic. Just delicious. It was a HUGE hit with everyone. I even took a risk and fried them up without refrigerating them. They held together just beautifully. The sauce I made was blue cheese, mayonaise, lemon juice, and dill. Generous dash of hot sauce on top of that. Served with a lemon wedge. I am so pleased. It took me 10 minutes to do the whole thing start to finish. I will be using this recipe in years to come. It's perfet as is. Thank you!!!
I thought grinding up pork rinds would be a pain...not so. Used blender..easy peasy! Hubs loved these...he said better than any I'd ever made! Crunchy and yummy