Barefoot Beachcomber's Note:
From Canadian Living magazine, a chunky, rich chowder. Yummm.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 potatoes, peeled and diced (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 onions, chopped
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning or 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (11 ounce) can frozen lobster meat, thawed and cut in bite-size pieces or 1 (11 ounce) can fresh lobsters, if you are so lucky
- 2 (385 ml) cans 2% evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil; add potatoes and cook for 20 minutes or til tender.
- 2In skillet, melt 1/4 cup of the butter over medium heat.
- 3Add onions, celery and peppers, cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until softened.
- 4Sprinkle with flour, herbs, salt and pepper.
- 5Cook for two minutes.
- 6Add to potato mixture.
- 7In same skillet, melt remaining butter over medium heat.
- 8Add lobster; cook, stirring for 4 minutes.
- 9Add to potato mixture.
- 10Add evaporated milk; stir over medium heat for 10 minutes or until heated.
- 11Serve garnished with parsley.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome Lobster Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.0
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 82.4 mg
- Sodium 875.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
2% evaporated milk