1/1 Photo of Awesome Lasagna (No-Boil, Easy)
1 hr 30 mins
This is a really good basic lasagna recipe. It's based on one I found somewhere, but I've tweaked it quite a bit to suit my own tastes. I like it as written with italian sausage, but you can substitute ground beef if you must.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs Italian sausage, casings removed (I use spicy)
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, of your choice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 12 ounces ricotta cheese (about 3/4 small container)
- 3 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1Heat oven to 350.
- 2In large pan, brown italian sausage; drain.
- 3Add spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce, water, garlic and italian seasoning. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- 4In medium bowl, combine ricotta, 2 cups of the mozzarella, parmesan, eggs, parsley and pepper. Mix well.
- 5Pour about 1 cup of the sauce on bottom of 9x13 pan.
- 6Arrange 3 uncooked lasagna noodles over sauce; cover with about 1 cup sauce.
- 7Spread 1/2 the cheese filling over sauce.
- 8Repeat layers of lasagna, sauce and cheese filling.
- 9Top with layer of lasagna and remaining sauce; sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- 10Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- 11Remove foil; bake an additional 15 minutes.
- 12Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome Lasagna (No-Boil, Easy)
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 523.7
- Calories from Fat 284
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 119.4 mg
- Sodium 1197.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 29.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: