I have made this cake many times to serve to guests over the holidays and have always gotten rave reviews, it is one of the best Kahlua cakes and I have tried many different recipes over the years, your search will end after you make this cake! :)
- 1 (18 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup Kahlua
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 -4 tablespoons Kahlua
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Set oven rack to second lowest position.
- Generously grease and flour a bundt pan.
- In a large bowl combine the cake mix with pudding mix, sour cream, oil, water, eggs, Kahlua and cinnamon; beat until well blended.
- Stir chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 45-60 minutes, or until the cake tests done.
- For the glaze; mix confectioners sugar starting with 2 tablespoons Kahlua until smooth adding in more Kahlua until desired consistency is achieved.
- Pour over cake.