Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Venison is cooked with spices in a slow cooker until it falls apart and can be used on sandwich rolls or served over noodles. DH loves venison but I can only eat it if it's "disguised". This doesn't taste like game at all. An easy recipe to alter to make your own. We adapted this from a game recipe website and served it at a bachelor party - it was GONE. Serving portions are a guess since we never weigh our meat and have even used back strap instead of roast.
- 2 cups water
- 2 ounces dry onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (3 -4 lb) venison roast
- 10 -12 sandwich buns
- cheese (optional)
- pepper rings (optional)
- In a slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients.
- Add venison and stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is tender and easy to break apart.
- Using a slotted spoon, spoon into rolls or serve over noodles.
- Top with pepper rings and cheese if desired.