1/1 Photo of Awesome Healthy Black Bean Soup
I've made black bean soup a few different times, each time tweaking it to adjust to my taste. This is really good and is really good for you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans (2 drained and rinsed)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups broth (I use chicken, but you can use any kind)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel, tomatoes and chilies
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro (or fresh-I recommend 1/4 cup)
- sour cream (optional)
- tortilla chips (optional)
- 1Place onion, water, broth and cumin in a stock pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium heat.
- 2When onions are soft, place beans and rotel in the stock pot. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- 3Blend with a hand blender. ( I don't like thin soup, so I only do this for 20-30 seconds)
- 4Add diced tomatoes and cilantro. Simmer for 10-15 more minutes.
- 5Serve topped with a bit of sour cream and crushed tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome Healthy Black Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.9
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 953.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.5 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 22.3 g