Recipe by Denibates
This is a family favorite for healing powers....for colds and 'flu or sinus problems. Not for the faint of heart!
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons orrington farms chicken soup base
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄3 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water, soup base, basil and garlic to a slow boil.
- Mix corn starch and water. Blend well. Slowly add to boiling broth.
- Stir constantly. Add in rice wine vinegar, cayenne, and white pepper.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in egg substitute (or one beaten egg) slowly and stirring constantly.
- Stir in sesame oil.
- Your cold will be diminished -- .