Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is great for large groups. Has an absolutely wonderful taste and easy to make. Feeds a large family easily.
- Cook chicken and cut into bite size pieces.
- Melt butter in large pan.
- Add flour, salt and milk.
- Stir well.
- Add 2 cans of Cream of Mushroom soup, can of mushrooms and chicken.
- Cook rice with rice cooker, amount for number of people to feed.
- Layer on plate: Rice, Chow mein noodles, Soup mixture, Pineapple, Cheese, Celery, Green onions, Coconut, Almonds, and Soy sauce.
- Use toppings to suit your tastes.
Simplify by using a can of cream of mushroom soup and dilute with milk until you like the consistency for a gravy. Add chicken chunks and warm. Other toppings we like are peas, bacon, hard boiled eggs. Reserve the extras for a salad tomorrow.
This recipe was great! I made a roux with butter and flour,then added soup and slowly added the milk. No lumps! I made it for a party and it was a hit.
I thought it made pretty lumpy as well.. I substituted cream of chicken soup instead of mushroom. Made my gravy more on the thick side. My boyfriend liked it. :) So overall very happy with this. Will make again. but will try and change it up a little bit.