Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is awesome for dipping fresh fruit into. I got this recipe from a cookbooklet.
Make and share this Awesome Hawaiian Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice, undrained
- 1⁄3 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 lime
- Combine milk, sour cream, and pudding mix; whisk until smooth.
- Stir in pineapple and coconut.
- Zest lime to measure 1 teaspoon zest; juice lime to measure 1 teaspoon juice.
- Stir both into dip.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
- To toast coconut, preheat oven to 350º; spread coconut onto cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until light golden brown.
I made this for my 4th grader's end of the year luau party at school and it was a huge hit. This was the first dip to go out of about 10 others! Everyone wanted the recipe. The only change I had was I bought a large box of pudding so I added almost a cup of sour cream and a little more milk to compensate for the larger box of pudding mix. I will definitely be making this throughout the summer since it was so easy. Thanks for sharing. ;)
As a dip, mine turned out too thick. The next day, I made a fruit salad out of it using diced pineapple and cantaloupe. I toasted the coconut in a non stick pan on the stove top and watched carefully so as not to burn it. As a fruit salad, it was a big hit. We actually had it for dessert rather than a salad.
WOW this is delicious! I made it for my family on the weekend when we were up at the cottage, and the fruit platter and your fruit dip vanished in minutes! Thanks for the great Gluten free recipe. This is a definetly a keeper!!