Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is one of my family's favorite recipes. We have it a lot in the winter months. It was one of the first things I really "mastered" when learning to cook.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can corn, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans, undrained
- 2 -3 potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 6 cups water
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup rice or 1⁄2 cup pasta or 1⁄2 cup barley (whichever you prefer)
- salt and pepper
- In a large stockpot, brown ground chuck.
- When almost done, add onions, garlic, celery, and carrots.
- Drain meat.
- Add rest of the ingredients except rice.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 1 hour.
- Add the rice (or barley or pasta) and cook until done.
This was good and easy to make. I used canned potatoes and canned carrots and didn't use celery. I thought it was a bit bland so I added 4 more bouillon cubes which helped it a lot. I used pasta and we all enjoyed this.