Prep 3 hrs 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I accidently ROYALLY messed up the recipe to a marinade I had and had to fix it... and it turned out even better! You can obviously put any vegetables you like on the skewers, these are just my preference. Prep time is time to marinade.
- 2 lbs top sirloin steaks, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger, or fresh if preferred
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Put meat cubes into a large resealable bag. Add ingredients for marinade and mix well. Squeeze out any excess air and marinade for 2-3 hours.
- If using bamboo skewers, soak in water for a few minutes so they do not burn on the grill. (I used about 10, but if adding more vegetables you will need more.).
- Arrange food on skewers in whatever order pleases you. I did pepper, onion, meat, repeat. It worked out well.
- Grill skewers over medium heat, flipping occasionally, for 10 minutes. You may wish to pour a little bit of marinade over them in the beginning of cooking.
- Serve over rice or alone, enjoy!
This marinade was so good. My husband and daughter loved it so much. She even requested that I make these for her birthday. This is my go to marinade from now on. Thanks for a great recipe!!!!