Recipe by diner524
I grew up eating these green beans and learned to cook them by watching my mother. They are my favorite way to eat green beans. Edit: This is a recipe for people that like a tangy vinegar flavor, most kids won't like it. I make this for the adults and just buttered beans for my kids.
- 1 (14 ounce) can green beans (I use french style- absorbs the flavor best)
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 -3 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (depending on the amount of vinegar flavor you like)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put a medium skillet on stove and heat to medium.
- Add the bacon and cook till crisp, then remove to paper towel, keep bacon fat in skillet.
- Add onions and saute till lightly brown.
- Add green beans(undrained or just partially drained).
- Add vinegar and cook on medium- low until liquid is evaporated. Taste the beans and add salt and pepper if needed, but remember the bacon is salty!
- Then serve with bacon sprinkled on top.