Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I grew up eating these green beans and learned to cook them by watching my mother. They are my favorite way to eat green beans. Edit: This is a recipe for people that like a tangy vinegar flavor, most kids won't like it. I make this for the adults and just buttered beans for my kids.
- Put a medium skillet on stove and heat to medium.
- Add the bacon and cook till crisp, then remove to paper towel, keep bacon fat in skillet.
- Add onions and saute till lightly brown.
- Add green beans(undrained or just partially drained).
- Add vinegar and cook on medium- low until liquid is evaporated. Taste the beans and add salt and pepper if needed, but remember the bacon is salty!
- Then serve with bacon sprinkled on top.
Excellent. I've never used the vinegar in my green beans and really like the additional flavor. This went very well with roast beef, potatoes and carrots. Thanks for sharing. :)
Delicious! I added a small diced potato just because it sounded good to me :-) I also love making fresh green beans this way, with some extra bacon.
Very nice, and we were quite happy with the amount of vinegar, it added a nice tang that I really enjoyed. I used fresh beans, and I think I had a bit too much bacon... but we like bacon! Easy to prepare, a lovely way to prepare a favourite vegetable! Thanks, diner!