You will swear that this is fried chicken. It is the best oven fried I have ever tasted.
Make and share this Awesome Golden Oven Fried Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Wash chicken and soak in salt water for about 20 minutes.
- I use a large bowl and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place oil and butter in a shallow baking pan and set in the oven to heat and melt.
- Combine the flour and seasonings and dredge the chicken in the flour mixture.
- Remove hot pan from the oven and arrange the chicken in the pan skin side down,but do not crowd.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, turn chicken so that the skin side is up and continue baking for 20 to 30 minutes more, until nicely browned and juices run clear.
- Remove onto a platter and let cool at least 10 minutes.