Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
You will swear that this is fried chicken. It is the best oven fried I have ever tasted.
- 1 (3 lb) chicken, cut in pieces
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Wash chicken and soak in salt water for about 20 minutes.
- I use a large bowl and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place oil and butter in a shallow baking pan and set in the oven to heat and melt.
- Combine the flour and seasonings and dredge the chicken in the flour mixture.
- Remove hot pan from the oven and arrange the chicken in the pan skin side down,but do not crowd.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, turn chicken so that the skin side is up and continue baking for 20 to 30 minutes more, until nicely browned and juices run clear.
- Remove onto a platter and let cool at least 10 minutes.
This was very good. The kids loved it!! I used skinless boneless chicken thighs and a bit less of the oil and butter.
This recipe is so easy and it really does have a nice crispy crust on it. Thanks for sharing.
Probably the best oven fried I've tried. Not too salty and nice and crispy. Thanks for sharing!!