Recipe by Annabell B
They are good... I love them, even though I can eat gluten. They are a bit thick and dense, but very tasty.
Top Review by sarikat
These were pretty good, for vegan. I did use regular flour, and 1/4 cup each maple syrup and agave nectar. Otherwise I did not deviate from the recipe. These cookies were done at 12 mins in my convection oven.
- 1 1⁄2 cups teff flour (we use Bob's Red Mill Teff Flour)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt (or plain salt even)
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup (which can be replaced by agave nectar, if you can't eat syrup)
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil (or any vegetable based)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (Frontier makes gluten free vanilla)
- 1 cup peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients, set aside.
- In a food processor blend syrup, oil, vanilla and peanut butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, blend well.
- Shape dough into walnut sized balls.
- Place on a slightly greased cookie sheet and flatten gently with the tines of a fork.
- Bake about 13-15 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.