Recipe by cfletcher
I made this one last night and hubby was looking for another one before he had finished the first! This is THE BEST chicken sandwich I have ever made...and it took about 10 minutes to put together ! Great for lunch or dinner....a hearty sandwich with lots of stuffing in it ! Enjoy!
Top Review by LUVMY2BOYS
This is a great sandwich. I used 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts & only used 2 tbsp melted lite butter, 1/2 tsp garlic powder & 1/4 tsp dried parsley. I spread it on both sides of the sandwich buns before toasting them & the taste was wonderful. Didn't use any mayo; the taste was good as is. I loved how quick this was, too. Thanks so much!
- 4 slices chicken breasts (not the kind from the deli) or 2 fully cooked chicken breasts
- 2 crusty buns
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- sliced tomatoes
- cut up lettuce
- sliced black olives (0ptional)
- salt or pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to broil.
- Cut the crusty buns in half.
- Place the butter / margarine in a small bowl.
- Mix the garlic powder and parsley into it.
- Spread the garlic butter mixture on the crusty buns.
- Toast the buns under the broiler for a couple of minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove and layer the chicken, tomatoes, lettuce, olives (optional) and mayo onto the buns.
- Enjoy while still warm !