Prep 6 hrs
Cook 25 mins
For all you chocolate addicts, these very moist, rich and dark brownies taste more like fudge than brownies, one taste and you will think your in heaven LOL! Plan ahead, the brownies need to set in fridge for 6 hours, or overnight.
- 1 lb semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts or 1 1⁄2 cups pecans
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- Butter a 13x9 pan, lined with foil, butter the foil.
- In microwave, melt butter with chocolate; let cool.
- Dissolve instant coffee with boiling water; set aside.
- Beat eggs with sugar until thick and foamy.
- Mix in melted butter, dissolved coffee and flour; mix until well blended.
- Add nuts, and mix to combine.
- Transfer to a prepared foil-lined pan.
- Bake for 25-30 mins, or until edges of brownies are set.
- Cool about 30 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight to set.
- Cut in small squares.
- Store in the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight.
These are just the kind of brownies i love!! I can't believe no one's reviewed them yet!! I really dislike the cake like brownies so this was perfect for me! I put Sandra Silver's Easy Chocolate Mousse from THE REALLY GOOD FOOD COOK BOOK Recipe #9009 on top of them and it was the best little dessert!! these are delicious plain too!! Nice and dense! Thanks!